Before processing any expenses in UnitConnect, you'd have to set up a Vendor. Setting one up is pretty simple.
To set up your vendor, click on the Admin tab in the Top Navigation Menu, Then look down to where it says New Vendor Wizard. Click GO on that line to open the New Vendor Wizard.
Here are the three basic sections required to complete the vendor setup:
- Basic Information:
- Vendor Name: Vendor's name or company name
- Description: Short description of vendor
- Vendor Type: What is the service type of this vendor
- Property: What property should this vendor be associated with
- Custom Fields: Any other vendor related field you'd like to store? These are optional.
- Click Next to move on to Primary Address Details.
- Primary Address:
- Contact: Contact person's first and last name
- Title: Contact person's title
- Address: The vendor's address details
- Phone/Fax: Vendors's phone and fax
- Email: Vendor's email
- Click Next to move on to Account Information.
- Account Information:
- Account Number: What's your account number with this vendor? If you don't have one, we suggest name of the property or something similar.
- Bank Account: What is the bank account that will be charged by this vendor? You should select one from the drop down list.
- Category: How should we categorize the expense for this vendor? Select a category from the drop down list.
- Custom Fields: Any other account related field you'd like to store? Again, these are optional
- Click Finish to Complete the Wizard.