When you create a property in UnitConnect, you specify how many units the property has. You can then assign a tenant or tenants to each unit using the New Tenant Wizard. If you have more units to add in the future, you can always do that.
There are a few ways to add a Tenant in UnitConnect. One common way to do it is:
On the Properties page, select the property and then the unit that you would like to add a tenant to. Then on the left side of the page under Related Actions click on New Tenant.
There are five steps in creating a Residential Tenant:
- Units is where you select the unit to add your tenant to. If you have already selected the unit on the Properties page, you'll skip this step.
- Addresses tab is where you put the tenant's name as well as where to send the bill to and where to receive payment, either at an owners address or your own.
- In the Lease Details tab you do just that- add lease details. For a residential unit you can ignore the base type/year section.
- The Rent Breakdown tab is where you specify the tenant's rent and recurring additional charges, such as utilities. You can add a rent breakdown on the right of the page and an additional charge towards the bottom.
- In the Notes tab you can right notes about the tenant.
Once you finish the notes, just click Finish at the bottom of the page.
P.S Congratulations! You’ve added a residential tenant.