Using UnitConnect you can add recurring and additional charges like utility and maintenance bills to your tenant. To add additional charges you need to go to the Rent Details page. You can Navigate there by clicking Properties at the top, then select a property and then the tenant. After you do that, click Rent Details in the Action Menu at the left of the screen. The Additional Charges section is at the bottom of the page. Simply click Add to add an additional charge.
There are six parameters to add an additional charge:
- Start Date: is when the charge should begin. (i.e. 01/01/2015)
- Occurrence: how often do you want the charge to occur: one time , monthly, or annually. (Let's assume monthly for this example)
- Description: is how you want the charge to be displayed on the Tenant's Invoice (Electricity bill)
- Amount: The amount of the Additional Charge ($185)
- End Date: When the recurrence of the charge should end. If its a one charge then the end date should be just one day after the start date. (in our example, lets assume 12/31/2019)
- Category: How do you want to categorize the Additional Charge? Select from the drop down (Utilities- Electricity)